Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Life Imitating Art: Why cats make it so hard to write

Do I really need to expand upon that? This is dedicated to anyone who thinks that my cats don't help me write! Actually, I write despite my cats not because of them. They are of the opinion that there's nothing wrong with a "+++6.;l" in the middle of a book. In fact, I probably should have typed all of Mrowley the cat's (from The Lost Mage and The Lightning Caller) dialogue that way. Of course, only other computer users that are also cat lovers would have understood.

It should also be noted that their very cat essence means they must stand, arch their backs in a cat yoga stretch, and spin around several times before laying back down in the SAME EXACT position they were in before they got up. (Two of them did exactly that in the frustratingly long time it took me to type that sentence around their cat antics.)

Someone thought this picture looked good enough to recreate. Actually, this is a daily occurrence, although usually that gray paw is extended off the edge where it rests on the keyboard, adding the occasional 'f' or 'g' to words. I'm not sure what my desk looks like without its 'cat covering' anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment